Yum Paleo recipes review – Full ratings and real user testimonialsOctober 31, 2015
Vegan Cauliflower and Pea Curry Recipe: Another Delicious Superfood RecipeFebruary 7, 2016
Baby back ribs & Carolina baste
Here is a super easy recipe for some great comfort food. We’re all allowed to cheat every once and awhile, right?
- 50g light brown soft sugar
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp English mustard powder
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 4 racks baby back pork ribs (about 450g each)
For the baste
- 250ml yellow mustard
- 150ml cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp treacle
- 75g light brown soft sugar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 tbsp hot chilli sauce
- 2 tsp hot chilli powder
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Combine the sugar, paprika, mustard powder, celery salt and garlic granules in a bowl, and rub all over the ribs.
- Place in 2 large roasting tins with racks set inside (if you don’t have racks, that’s fine). Pour 150ml water into the bottom of each tin, cover tightly with foil and roast for 3 hrs until nearly falling apart.
- If your roasting tins are on different shelves, swap them over halfway through the cooking time.
- Once cooked, remove and drain the cooking liquid. Meanwhile, to make the baste, mix all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook for 10 mins, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat an outdoor barbecue. Whether your grill is gas or charcoal, use low heat to barbecue the ribs.
- Cook the ribs for 3-4 mins each & enjoy!
For some great tasting healthy cooking ideas take a look here