One thing is for certain, their are pros and cons of marijuana. This article is in no way attacking one’s personal freedom to enjoy marijuana responsibly, it is a guide for those thinking that habitual use is a good way to solve issues which I believe it is not. Responsible and non-habitual use should be one’s own choice and I am supportive of this position in so much as one is not dependent on a substance to regulate their happiness.
Common ways for ingesting marijuana
- Smoking it – Smoking marijuana is the manner in which most users find effective. But this is changing everyday, the negatives of smoking anything is becoming more widely accepted and many users turn to not smoking the herb and rather going for some smoke free options.
- Vaporizing marijuana – Vaporizing marijuana is viewed as a “safer” way to get the psychoactive effects but without the damaging smoke and carcinogens.
- Tinctures – Another popular way to ingest marijuana. concentrates of marijuana are dissolved in an alcohol based solution and dropped under the tongue, or in some cases applied topically.
- Edibles – The edibles form of marijuana, can be eaten, however eating marijuana edibles can be a little bit extreme for inexperienced users and as such is not recommended. The effects take time to notice when consuming marijuana based edibles, so dosage is an issue. It’s easy to eat too much and have a bad time.
Marijuana may seem like a harmless way to bring yourself a relief from the stresses of life, but it can be an issue and we will examine in detail what those issues are. You’ve likely heard it all before, marijuana is harmless and there are no issues with using the substance for a wide range of physical and psychological ailments. While it has many positive health benefits, there also are some pretty significant downsides to using this drug. Marijuana rewires the brain and may stimulate creativity in some individuals however this comes at a cost and it all comes down to dopamine production in the brain. Dopamine when released into the brain creates a temporary happy feeling and although this feels great in the short term, it can also cause a period of sustained down feelings because once it wears off you are searching for more to get back to this happy place. This is especially troublesome because it trains the user to continue to use the substance to keep feeling good or else they feel down and only want to seek that good feeling again. The more that is used the more often the less of an effect it has and the more the body realizes a tolerance to the substance.
Related: How to detox from technology – Real actionable steps to success
Without a doubt this can cause issues, and the more use of this substance, the less a person gets from this substance.
Once you quit daily habitual use of this substance, you must be prepared for what comes next: A literal rollercoaster ride of ups and downs, you will feel unbelievably good and horribly bad, it’s just what happens especially in my own experience. It may vary depending on the individual and how much of this substance they used, but mostly you can expect to feel really down or depressed as your brain cannot find the dopamine it has become used to. The longer you use marijuana the harder it will be to fully give up this substance, but there is good news to come from all of this. It’s not extremely physically addictive, so there’s hope that you can easily give this substance up and move on with your life.
You will have ups and downs in life and be sure that the chronic use of marijuana can exacerbate this, so be prepared. Just be aware that this is the compound leaving your system and be ready for it.
Here are the pros and cons of marijuana in detail
- Marijuana has helped many people suffering from a wide range of ailments better deal with life and has many health benefits, first we will look at the benefits and then explore some of the negatives.
- Can be utilized by not smoking marijuana. Recent innovations mean that there are safer ways to enjoy marijuana, that don’t involve smoking it. It can be vaporized, which involve heating marijuana with actually lighting it on fire. You can also eat marijuana, it’s already available in anything from THC infused drinks to candy and gummies, or even good old fashioned brownies. You can also get it in capsule form, where concentrates from the cannabis plant are infused into a capsule. There are more ways than ever to enjoy marijuana without smoking it.
- Prevents nausea and vomiting in cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. People suffering from eating disorders have been known to benefit from the appetite inhibitors in marijuana.
- Marijuana can be used as a pain suppressant and has shown that the usage to treat pain has a positive affect, rather than giving common pain medications such as opiate based ones, marijuana is effective and less addictive by nature.
- Another pro of marijuana is that it can promote the appetite in those suffering from certain cancers and other disease which suppress the appetite.
- Marijuana can be beneficial for a wide range of medical issues, not only cancer but also muscular sclerosis, paralysis and even is an effective treatment for neurological pain. THC is the part of the plant that causes the “high” associated with marijuana, CBD is the part of the flower that has the pain relieving qualities, and anti nausea effects The CBD compound in marijuana offers much promise and can be isolated from marijuana, and in this way it can be used strictly for its medicinal qualities. THC is the part of the plant that causes the “high” associated with marijuana, CBD is the part of the flower that has the pain relieving qualities, and anti nausea effects.
- Marijuana can affect the users short term memory, especially in the case of frequent habitual use of marijuana
- Marijuana can also cause impairment and habitual users have been documented to have a decline in cognitive abilities.
- Habitual use of marijuana can cause damage to the lung and has known carcinogens, especially if method of use is smoking it.
- Marijuana is still illegal in many jurisdictions worldwide, that means there could be legal ramifications.
- There is a risk of addiction and abuse.
Pros and cons of marijuana daily habitual use conclusion:
So there you have it, these are some of the many pros and cons of marijuana and its daily habitual usage. It’s really not that bad, but daily habitual use has shown to have had some negative consequences. Everything in moderation, is probably the best bet if you are considering using marijuana.