Killer Abs Workout
The path to a flat belly and sculpted abs is not out of reach, you just need to be dedicated and follow through on these simple yet effective exercises. These routines, together with a quality, calorie conscious diet will have you on your way to a set of sculpted abs and shrinking belly. Just follow along with these flat belly workouts in the picture above.
Above are different ab workouts and ones that you could use to target different regions of your core, in order to mix and match your workouts and keep them interesting and challenging with distinct degrees of strength.
Why core workouts matter
Core workouts are great and they have many benefits including:
- Strengthening the core muscles is shown to aid in balance and stability – This can leave you at less risk of injury and help transfer strength to your extremities.
- Strengthening the core has shown to improve posture – Yes it can help you to stand up straighter and even has been shown to enhance respiratory function.
- A strong core can make you a better runner – This holds true for other forms of exercises as well – Strong core muscles can help you to excel in sports or other physical activities where the core muscles are involved.
- You can improve your balance – A toned core can definitely improve your balance.
- Ab workouts and stretching can improve digestion – As it turns out another benefit of core exercise and ab sculpting is that it can actually aid in digestion and in fact; not stretching and working out the core can lead to problems with digestion.
Eliminate back pain
Chances are, if you spend a great deal of time sitting in one position, whether it be for work or travelling long periods of time, you may experience some back pain. When you have a weak core, your back takes most of the strain and thus the pain.
Strengthening the core can help to ensure that your back has more support from your abdominal muscles and in turn, can help release some pressure of back muscles.
Flat belly benefits
This is of course the main benefit we’re looking for. A sculpted set of abs does take work but is well worth it in the end. The biggest benefit of core exercises is getting to that point where all that work pays off.
Follow along with the exercises above and in no time you will have beautiful sculpted abs. Prior to beginning these exercise I would first have a good stretch shake it out, then begin.
- Spiderman Plank – Start in a full plank (elbowed) position and extend your knee towards your shoulder. Bring leg back to plank position and repeat for the other side.
- Butt Ups – Again start in the full, elbowed plank position and slowly hyperextend the buttocks upwards, hold for a few seconds, then slowly return to the plank position.
- Scissors – For this exercise you’re going to want to be laying flat on your back and raise both your legs up, then take turns extending one leg upwards at a time.
- Windshield Wipers – This exercise, again from flat on your back and arms stretched outwards as illustrated above, legs at 90 degrees. Move torso and legs slowly from side to side.
Dangers of tummy fat
If you have fat around your abdominal region then you may or could be at risk for the following:
- The slow metabolism cycle – This is what happens when you have a large amount of visceral fat. Visceral fat is the buildup of fat around the organs within the body. This fat is especially dangerous and detrimental to your health. Your metabolism can actually slow due to this buildup of fat and a resistance to insulin. This resistance to insulin can have more adverse effects and can lead to the onset of type 2 diabetes among other serious ailments such as heart disease.
- Your belly tells all about your overall health – It’s true. Abdominal fat as it turns out is a indicator of your overall health and susceptibility to disease. You are much more likely to develop conditions such as certain types of cancers, heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
- Stress can lead to more belly fat – Studies have shown that stress can actually cause the body to release cortisol (the body’s stress hormone) which can in turn signal the body to store more fat. So if you both have a lot of stress as well as an excess of abdominal fat; you have two things working against you, but don’t lose hope. Come up with a plan and take care of it now, before it becomes a danger to your health.
Flat belly checklist
Seeing how dangerous it is to have excess fat around the midsection and everything we’ve learned about the benefits of core strengthening; we can surmise that it is best to come up with a plan to effectively combat this modern health epidemic.
Studies everywhere have shown that exercise is the most effective way to lose excess fat; so that is number one. Number two, time to start counting calories and recording what we’re burning. This is going to be key to maximizing what we’re burning and tracking how we can get into a calorie deficit.
Don’t just sit there get up and move around – One of the major contributing factors to abdominal fat is a sedimentary lifestyle, so every chance you have to get up and move around is a good one. If you work in an office and are oftentimes sitting, be sure to take breaks and move around as much as you can.
Get proper sleep and cut out as much stress as possible to have the best odds of successfully losing abdominal fat. Remember stress causes cortisol that complicates fat burning and studies have shown that a proper sleep can help you to burn calories and make better decisions about exercise and eating healthy throughout the day.
Find ways to get the exercise into the equation. Track your calories and eat healthier; skip the fast food. It’s not easy, there is no magical solution, just get out there and do it.