Blueberry Lime Corn Detox Salad Recipe
When it comes to summer grilling, I love fresh corn. The likelihood of me finding some at the local market is pretty strong. When I saw the first one, I wanted so badly to buy it and grill it. Normally I don’t go overboard, but my heart just wasn’t in it. As a result, I bought too much. However, I ended up having leftovers and made this Detox Blueberry Corn Salad to enjoy with my family.
Though I really like the flavor of grilled corn in this recipe, boiled corn or perhaps raw corn from the salad would be wonderful too. In the event that you cannot find any fantastic new corn, defrosted frozen corn will do. And though I have not tried it yet, I envision strawberries would be great too.
- To get a vegetarian version of the salad, then use agave rather than honey.
- To change up the tastes, look at using fresh basil rather than the cilantro. It provides a very delicious herbal component to the salad that is Tough to conquer
- Honey: As honey is a most important taste is that this recipe, so the honey that you employ will make a large difference, so choose wisely. Ideally you may want to look for a organic honey that has not been overly filtered and does not have a great deal other additional sweetening agent.
- For cooking beans, I have a tendency to reach for orange blossom honey because I really like the citrus undertones however any yummy, organic honey will get the job done.
Blueberries and Corn Detox Salad Recipe
Time Needed To Prepare: 30-40 minutes
- 6 Husked and ready parts sweet corn
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp (freshly squeezed is best) lime juice
- 1 tbsp agave (honey can be substituted for a non-vegan choice)
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup fresh organic blueberries (you could also opt for strawberries)
- 1 tbsp Jalapeno finely minced
Method Of Preparation
- Bring a large pot of water to a vigorous boil. Shuck the corn and then rinse the Ears under cold tap water. Drop into boiling water and cook, covered, for Approximately 5 minutes. Remove from the water and leave the ears to cool for a few minutes. Carefully cut the corn into wide pieces.
- Combine the raw dressing ingredients and whisk.
- Mix together everything but the blueberries you’ll want to carefully add the blueberries on top of the salad as to not damage the thin-skinned blueberries.
Remember to prepare this dish in advance the flavors really only come together after being refrigerated for up to 24 hours. Salt and pepper to taste, enjoy! For more super healthy recipes click here
Soak corn in water for a couple minutes. Then, heat grill with coals. After 5-10 minutes, put corn on grill for 20 minutes. Turn every five minutes. Make sure to serve with BBQ butter and/or herb butter. Place corn on a grill. Grill for 15 to 20 minutes, turning the corn every 5 minutes until it’s tender when pierced by a knife. Remove husks and enjoy.
Rewrite for the non-cook: Place corn on grill. Heat grill and put corn on it. For 15-20 minutes, turn every five minutes or so.