Blueberry Lime Corn Detox Salad Recipe
Last week, once I saw the very first of this summer corn popping up in the current market, I could not wait to buy it and bring it home and throw it to the grill. In my enthusiasm, I purchased way too much, but ended up with the leftover grilled corn to create this awesome Detox Blueberry Corn Salad and we could not have enjoyed it more. In addition to the inclusion of this honey lime dressing, it is just what you would like to consume all summertime. Ideal for relaxing, summer parties, or a simple weeknight side dish. And also the leftovers make a fantastic addition to sandwiches, salads, and as a dinner for broiled meats.
Though I really like the flavor of grilled corn in this recipe, then you might also use boiled corn or perhaps utilize raw corn from the salad when it is particularly sweet. And in the event that you can not locate any fantastic new corn, defrosted frozen corn may be great rack in. And though I have not attempted it however, I envision strawberries would get the job done also.
- To get a vegetarian version of the salad, then use agave rather than honey.
- To change up the tastes, look at using fresh basil rather than the cilantro. It provides a very delicious herbal component to the salad that is Tough to conquer
- Honey: As honey is a most important taste is that this recipe, so the honey that you employ will make a large difference, so choose wisely. Ideally you may want to look for a organic honey that has not been overly filtered and does not have a great deal other additional sweetening agent.
- For cooking beans, I have a tendency to reach for orange blossom honey because I really like the citrus undertones however any yummy, organic honey will get the job done.
Blueberries and Corn Detox Salad Recipe
Time Needed To Prepare: 30-40 minutes
- 6 Husked and ready parts sweet corn
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp (freshly squeezed is best) lime juice
- 1 tbsp agave (honey can be substituted for a non-vegan choice)
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup fresh organic blueberries (you could also opt for strawberries)
- 1 tbsp Jalapeno finely minced
Method Of Preparation
- Bring a large pot of water to a vigorous boil. Shuck the corn and then rinse the Ears under cold tap water. Drop into boiling water and cook, covered, for Approximately 5 minutes. Remove from the water and leave the ears to cool for a few minutes. Carefully cut the corn into wide pieces.
- Combine the raw dressing ingredients and whisk.
- Mix together everything but the blueberries you’ll want to carefully add the blueberries on top of the salad as to not damage the thin-skinned blueberries.
Remember to prepare this dish in advance the flavors really only come together after being refrigerated for up to 24 hours. Salt and pepper to taste, enjoy! For more super healthy recipes click here